How To Make Scrunchies Without Sewing Machine
Scrunchies have been a fashion staple since the 80s, and they are still going strong. We will be discussing how to make beautiful and unique homemade scrunchies without the use of a sewing machine. We will cover what materials you need, as well as some creative ideas for adding embellishments and prints to your finished product. So whether you are looking for a fun and easy craft project or just trying to save money on accessories, this guide has got you covered.
To make a scrunchie without a sewing machine, you will need:
- -a piece of elastic
- -a sharp scissors
- -a lighter
- -a pen or marker
- Start by measuring out a piece of elastic that is about 12 inches long.
- Cut the elastic with a sharp pair of scissors.
- Next, use a lighter to carefully melt the ends of the elastic so that they are slightly frayed. (This will help keep the elastic from slipping out of the scrunchie)
Finally, use a pen or marker to make a small mark on one end of the elastic.
- Then you tie it into a knot.
Using Hot Glue
The things required are:
- Hot glue
- First, cut a strip of fabric about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Then, fold the strip in half lengthwise and hot glue the edges together.
- Next, twist the strip into a coil and hot glue the end to secure it.
- Finally, wrap the coil around your hair tie.
voila! You’ve made a no-sew scrunchie
Using A Knot
To make scrunchies with a knot, you only need
- A piece of string
- A piece of fabric.
- Tie the string around the piece of fabric,
- leave a long length of string hanging off.
- Fold the fabric in half, with the right side facing out,
- sew the folded fabric closed with a needle and thread
- Cut out your scrunchie and wear them away!
Using Fabric Tape
For this hack, you will need the following two things.
- Fabric tape
- Cut your fabric into small pieces
- stick them together with the tape. –
- Fold the fabric in half, with the right side facing out
- Tape the folded fabric with fabric tape
Do you want to make a scrunchy without using a sewing machine? Here is a hack to make scrunchies without a sewing machine.
1. Start by folding a piece of fabric in half.
2. Take the top half and fold it in half again. Make sure the creases are facing out.
3. Now take the bottom half and do the same thing.
4. Put the two halves together, like a book.
5. Put a pompom in the middle and scrunch up the fabric.
6. Tie a knot in the fabric, if desired.
7. Hang the scrunchie up to dry.
8. Enjoy your scrunchie!
Scrunchy with a pleat
If you have a pleat maker, you can make a scrunchie without a sewing machine! Pleats can be made with a
- Straight edge
- A ruler
- A pleat maker
1. Trace your desired pleat shape onto a piece of paper.
2. Cut out the pleat shape with a straightedge and a pleat maker.
3. Fold the pleat in half and press the pleat open with your fingers.
4. Make sure that the crease line is in the middle of the pleat.
5. Sew the pleat in the middle of the crease line using a straight stitch.
6. Trim the excess fabric.
7. Enjoy your scrunchy!
Scrunchie with tassel
First, gather your materials. You will need
- 18 inches wide and 6 inches tall piece of fabric
- A sewing needle
- A piece of thread.
- make the tassel
- Cut a strip of fabric that’s about 12 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Sew the strip together along one end by hand, making sure to leave a 1-inch seam allowance.
- Thread the strip with the sewing needle, and tie a knot in the end.
- Sew the tassel to the top of the fabric strip, making sure to leave a 1-inch seam allowance.
- Finally, trim the excess fabric from the edges of the scrunchy, and you are ready to wear your new accessory!
Make Scrunchie With A Bow
To make a scrunchie with a bow you will require the following things.
- 1. Use a ribbon or a piece of fabric as a tie.
- 2. Make a loop with one end of the ribbon or fabric, and make a small bow with the other.
- 3. Make a simple knot in the middle of the ribbon or fabric using your fingers.
- 4. Take the loop in one hand and make a loop with the other hand. Make a small bow out of the middle of the first loop.
- 5. Put the bow in the middle of the scrunchy, and pull it tight.
Use Bias Fabric to Create a Braided Look If you have a dark or solid-colored piece of fabric, you can turn it into a scrunchie with a simple braid. Simply fold the fabric with the creases in the fabric facing out, and then braid the fabric.
Braided Look Scrunchie
You will need
- Cut a strip of lace, about 2-3 inches wide.
- Fold the strip in half lengthwise
- Sew the two long sides together by hand.
To conclude, making scrunchies without a sewing machine is possible with the use of a hot glue gun and some fabric scraps. It is a quick and easy project that anyone can do. With a little bit of creativity, you can make scrunchies in any color or pattern imaginable. So go ahead and give it a try!